With one billion monthly active users, TikTok is in the upper echelon of social media apps. Users feel like they can be themselves on TikTok, which could contribute to its popularity. When asked how they perceive the content on TikTok, respondents described it as authentic, genuine, unfiltered, and trendsetting. Those sentiments extend to ads on TikTok as well. Advertising on TikTok is viewed as original, unique, and fun.
The study found:
- 64% of users say they can be their true selves on TikTok.
- 56% of TikTok users say they can post videos they wouldn’t post elsewhere.
- 53% of users say they trust others to be their real selves on TikTok.
While they may see the same content shared across Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter— TikTok stands apart as a place to discover something new.
The study finds:
- 79% of users find content on TikTok to be unique or different.
- 68% of TikTok users find advertising content different from any competitive platform.
- 60% of users internationally (excluding US) say they follow brands on TikTok.
- 52% of users say they search for products or shop on the platform.
- 85% of users discover new content that they enjoy through the TikTok platform.
Source: Seach Engine Journal
Marketers are drawn to TikTok as it reflects a critical social media trend for creative skills and collaboration amongst young audiences. Its fast-paced nature keeps users engaged for relatively long periods, with users spending an average of 52 minutes per day on the app.
Ninety percent of all TikTok users access the app daily. Not only that, they are highly active on the app. A study observing the behavior of TikTok users in one month shows that 68 percent of TikTok users watch someone else’s videoelse’s5 percent upload their videos (Globalwebindex, 2019).
TikTok is now attracting a wide range of people. Nearly 38% of TikTok’s useTikTok’sn the US are above 30. If you wanted to create engaging blog post content, you’d first think about some of the problems or topics that interest your target audience.
There are five types of ads you need to be aware of:
- In-Feed Ads
- Brand Takeovers
- Branded Hashtag Challenges
- Branded Effects
It’s important to note that paid TikTok ads are more expensive than ads on most other social media platforms. While you can run a Facebook or Instagram ad campaign with an investment of just $20, the minimum cost to run an ad campaign with TikTok for Business is $500.
However, it’s definitit’snot the right fit for every business.
Here are a few surefire signs that you should give the platform a try:
• Your target audience is younger (ages 16-30).
• You’re lookiYou’reexpand awareness of your business/brand to a younger audience.
• You can easily showcase your products/services in a video.
• You’re comfoYou’re sharing light-hearted brand content.
• You’re open. You’re something new.
• You don’t mind donating time experimenting with content and the platform.
The bottom line is that TikTok isn’t a seriisn’tlatform. Businesses that thrive the most on TikTok post videos that are fun, light-hearted, visually pleasing, and follow popular trends.
TikTok is an excellent opportunity for any content creator, especially for brands ready to take the next step in their marketing plan. If you are a marketer, you should always stay on top of marketing trends, techniques, and new platforms. TikTok is one of them, and it’s not goiit’sway any time soon.