QUICK READ: I’ve been in Facebook jail three-time and really consider it a badge of honor. I’ve cut back on my Facebook use because frankly, I believe they have way too much power and have lied to us repeatedly.
QUICK READ: Facebook continues to betray its user’s trust to the point that even employees are staging walkouts. How many times will brands allow Facebook to get away with their lies and the belief that they rule the online universe?
QUICK READ: Facebook has continually betrayed the trust of users while agencies and brands flood the social media giant with truckloads of cash. The only way to reign in facebook is for online advertisers to spend their money somewhere else.
In Summary: Facebook has taken advantage of our trust, using sophisticated techniques to prey, on the weakest aspects of human psychology, to gather and exploit private data, and to craft business models that do not protect users from harm. They continue to deflect, avoid and act as if more code is the answer to everything yet users love the site and don’t care that hey may have helped elect the most irresponsible administration in history.
-The current management of Facebook has neither the competence nor the integrity to run the company after misrepresenting facts.
-Facebook executives knew about Russian interference in the 2016 election, while Zuckerberg and Sandberg were denying it.
-Facebook is unlikely to lose any marketing dollars despite being rocked scandalous, but it’s time for advertisers to hold them accountable.
- There is a huge failure in leadership and management at Facebook.
- Business Insider said “the Times portrays Zuckerberg as, at best, uninterested in some of the existential issues that have threatened Facebook over the past three years and, at worst, even complicit in exacerbating them”.
- Zuckerberg, and his right-hand woman, the chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, were “distracted by personal projects” as Facebook was dragged into danger.
- Advertisers need to distance themselves from Facebook NOW.
- The security breach that allowed hackers to get their hands on the “private” information of 50 million Facebook subscribers was inexcusable.
- “Facebook is a danger to democratic society and Zuckerberg has shown himself to be completely incapable of running that company with any degree of integrity.”
Summary: Facebook weathered the worst of the Cambridge Analytica data storm and actually increased usage, according to figures cited by Goldman Sachs. The #deleteFacebook backlash never really arrived as Millennials are just too much in love with Facebook.