KEY TAKEAWAY: Are your prospects and customers really searching for your product/brand online and if they are what are they searching for? Content marketing is still being hyped but in reality, most people go to bookmarked sites rather than conduct searches as Google would have us believe.
SUMMARY: Smartphones revolutionized everything from shopping and dating to politics and computing itself. They are some of the most popular products ever put on sale. But after a decade-long boom, devices once seen as miraculous are moving through to the “mature” stage of the product life cycle.
SUMMARY: Digital marketing is going to evolve in 2019 and with it some of the things “experts” told us to focus on are going to fade away. At the heart of all these changes is that consumers are integrating digital into their daily routines and see digital as a tool to help them become smarter and better manage their lives.
We’re supposed to believe that consumers really care about brand values, but something is amiss with this theory. Take, for example, Amazon.com. They treat their warehouse workers so badly that some of them have to carry bottles to urinate in because they can’t take breaks. Facebook continues to give users the middle finger as they hoard personal data and monetize it yet users are not quitting the site. Why?
- For employers, creating a work culture that fosters employee happiness can have real, measurable impact on your business and your bottom line.
- Happy employees are more likely to exceed expectations and achieve goals.
- According to Gallup, companies who invest and attain higher employee engagement achieve 3 times the operating margin than those with low employee engagement.
- Your employees ARE your brand. If they aren’t engaged do you really think they will go the distance to keep customers?
- Alex Jones railed against Robert Mueller, calling him a child rapist who enabled and abetted other pedophiles and vowed to “take him down” on his Facebook page.
- Mark Zuckerberg said Holocaust deniers won’t be banned from Facebook.
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, a professor of media studies at the University of Virginia said, “I’ve seen no indication that Facebook has changed its commitment to watch everything we do, record everything we do and exploit everything we do.”
- Facebook gives device makers deep access to data on users and friends.
- Facebook has data-sharing partnerships with at least four Chinese electronics companies, including a manufacturing giant that has a close relationship with China’s government.
I have spent a lot of time with clients “cleaning up the mess” left by Hubspot. I’m not a big fan of them an now comes a book from a former employee, Dan Lyons, called “Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble” that talks about working at Hubspot and marketers should be aware that some bogus startups can and will drain their budgets with little results.
- AI is not about to go mainstream for consumer marketing.
- The real opportunity is for IT to implement AI for marketers so they can sort through all the data they have to uncover opportunities.
- Even with AI marketers need to ask the “right questions”.