The use of online ad blockers has been on the rise in recent years, as more and more people become frustrated with the intrusive and often malicious nature of online advertising. According to a recent study by eMarketer, ad blocking is expected to reach 20% of all internet users by 2023.
There are a number of reasons for the growing popularity of ad blockers. One reason is that ads can be very intrusive and can slow down the loading of web pages. Another reason is that ads can be used to track users’ browsing habits and collect personal information. Finally, some ads are simply malicious and can be used to infect users’ computers with malware.
The rise of ad blockers is having a significant impact on the online advertising industry. Advertisers are losing revenue as more and more people block their ads. In response, advertisers are developing new ways to deliver ads that are less intrusive and less likely to be blocked. They are also working to improve the quality of their ads so that users are more likely to want to see them.
The future of online advertising is uncertain, but it is clear that ad blockers will continue to play a major role. As the use of ad blockers continues to grow, advertisers will need to find new ways to reach their target audiences.
Here are some of the trends in online ad blockers:
- Increased adoption: The use of online ad blockers is on the rise, as more and more people become frustrated with the intrusive and often malicious nature of online advertising.
- More sophisticated ad blockers: Ad blockers are becoming more sophisticated, as they are designed to block a wider range of ads, including those that are designed to bypass traditional ad blockers.
- Ad blockers becoming mainstream: Ad blockers are becoming more mainstream, as they are being adopted by a wider range of users, including both consumers and businesses.
- Ad blockers having a negative impact on the online advertising industry: Ad blockers are having a negative impact on the online advertising industry, as they are costing advertisers revenue.
- Ad blockers driving innovation in the online advertising industry: Ad blockers are driving innovation in the online advertising industry, as advertisers are forced to find new ways to reach their target audiences.