Consumers do multitask during TV commercials. A study by TiVo found that 62% of viewers multitask during commercials, and only 23% watch them all the way through.
The most common activities that people do while commercials are on include:
- Using a mobile device (34%)
- Checking email or social media (29%)
- Talking to other people in the room (27%)
- Getting up and moving around (25%)
- Doing chores or other tasks (24%)
There are a few reasons why people multitask during commercials. One reason is that commercials are often seen as interruptions to the TV show people watch. Another reason is that people are constantly bombarded with information from various sources, so they may be used to multitasking to stay on top of everything. Finally, some people may find commercials to be boring or annoying, so they may choose to multitask as a way to pass the time.
The fact that consumers multitask during commercials can make it difficult for advertisers to get their message across. However, advertisers can do a few things to increase their chances of getting their message seen and remembered. One thing that advertisers can do is to make their commercials more engaging and entertaining. Another thing that advertisers can do is to target their commercials to specific audiences. By doing these things, advertisers can increase the chances that their commercials will be seen by people interested in their products or services.
But are TV commercials effective?
A study by the Association of National Advertisers found that TV advertising can increase brand awareness by up to 70%. Additionally, a study by Nielsen found that TV commercials can increase sales by up to 10%.
Of course, not all TV commercials are created equal. To be effective, commercials must be creative, engaging, and relevant to the target audience. They also need to be well-produced and well-timed.
Here are some tips for creating effective TV commercials:
- Could you make sure your commercial is creative and engaging? Exciting and entertaining commercials make People more likely to remember and be influenced.
- Target your commercial to the right audience. Ensure your commercial is relevant to the people you’re trying to reach.
- Use strong visuals and music. Visuals and music can help to create a memorable and emotional connection with viewers.
- Keep your commercial short and to the point. People have short attention spans, so make sure your commercial lasts 30 seconds.
- Test your commercial before you air it. Get feedback from friends, family, and colleagues to make sure your commercial is effective.
By following these tips, you can create TV commercials that are effective and help you reach your marketing goals